From the Business Manager - Mr Andrew Lowry
CCS Dance Academy Concert tickets open THIS Saturday 7.00am
How are we celebrating our 40th birthday in 2018?
Throughout 2018 there will be a variety of events and activities where we gather, celebrate and give thanks. The new school logo will be phased in, a new C Block will rise, our new sport uniform will be introduced and we will continue to teach, learn and nurture children.
Tuesday 29 May 2018 - Celebration Day
Alumni and current parents are invited to join us for morning tea, cupcakes and a school tour. Enjoy reconnecting, reminiscing and seeing changes to our school. Current students will take part in a variety of planned activities after a special assembly.
From the Deputy Principal, Junior School - Mr Wayne Morton
- Changes to the Learner Driver Licensing Scheme starting 20 November 2017.
- Log book apps approved by the Roads and Maritime.
- Completing the Learner driver log book.
- Supervising learner drivers.
- Understanding the benefits and safety aspects of supervised on-road driving experience.
- Understanding of the licence conditions for learners and provisional licence holders.
Thank you for 182 Operation Christmas Child boxes
Career News – Wendy Gilbert
From the Prayer Group
- Praise God for His mercies and blessings on us, through the provision of salvation by faith in His son. Pray this salvation will continue to be made known and many more will be saved from sin, before Christ comes again.
- Pray for HSC students as they continue their exams till Tuesday 7th November.
- Pray for Infants Fun Day (postponed from last week) on Friday.
- Pray for Preschool & Kindy Info Evening next Tuesday.
- Pray for those grieving or struggling in our community, that they will turn to God, the Father of compassion and source of all comfort, and receive strength and peace.
What’s on next week at Extend After School Care
- Monday 30 October - Painting our favourite Summer place
- Tuesday 31 October - Origami cubes and Octahedron
- Wednesday 1 November - Making Mini Pizzas
- Thursday 2 November - Bracelet Making
- Friday 3 November - Climbing Frame
Musica Viva Tigramuna entertain Junior School
Last term the Musica Viva group, Tigramuna, performed music from South America. It was very entertaining. The children learnt about the different instruments used in contemporary and original Latin music. We danced and sang and some of the children played instruments. It was one of the best performances we have seen. Thank you Mrs Kohlhoff for organising this event.
Fire Brigade visit Preschool
This week the Fire Brigade came to talk to us. Officer Dave talked all about fires. We learnt what we should do if we were near a fire: 'get down low and
go, go, go'.
Officer Dave showed us the different types of uniforms they wear depending on the type of fire. A building fire uniform is very heavy, the children were given the opportunity of lifting the uniform pants to see how heavy they were. The bushfire uniform, however, is lightweight. Officer Dave put on all the protective gear the firefighters need to wear and it completely covered him up. He said if we are in a fire, or see a fire, we need to find a phone and call 000.
We saw the huge fire truck and climbed into the cabin. We were then given a turn to help Officer James hold the hose and water the garden.
Year 10 DT design local playgrounds and skate parks
Students were asked to imagine they were an architecture company designing a playground or skate park for their local council. Their group project was to create a presentation, and scale model, to the council to persuade them to build the park. Students were required to research their local area, survey children, and consider the requirements of shade, safety and environment in their designs.
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang tickets for Secondary School Musical
Secondary School are performing Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. The cast have been rehearsing for months, the props have been prepared and costumes are being created. There will be four performances:
- Wednesday 22 November 7.00pm
- Thursday 23 November 4.00pm (stay around after pickup before dinner)
- Friday 24 November 7.00pm
- Saturday 25 November 6.00pm (bring your own picnic for an early dinner before the show)
Junior School Readathon
PIP Hours - Canteen Helpers needed for November 2017
Serving in Canteen is a great way to meet other parents and fulfill your PIP hours. Contact Gail Ecob email@example.com if you are available - Monday, Wednesday or Friday in November.