Wow what a morning. It was a perfect day and venue for Sydney's Christian Radio Station's Hope 103.2's Live Outdoor Broadcast. The atmosphere at Covenant Christian School Belrose was wonderful.
The jumping castle was kept busy all morning. The free coffee was very popular. The free cupcakes from Heavensent Desserts were wonderful and continued Covenant's tradition of cupcakes started by our first teacher Jan Bridges. World Vision signed up lots more people for the 40 Hour Famine. Auskick taught ball skills. It was a lot of fun.
For those who missed the action - or just want to relive it enjoy these photos and videos.
Aaron and Dan interviewed Covenant's Principal Mr Bill Rusin
Teacher versus Student live radio quiz
Reading the Weather
Yarrabah Mission Trip Interview
Junior School Interview
You can listen to the whole audio of the morning on the Hope 103.2 website.
Plus here is an overview video by Mr Smithies with backing track of Chris Tomlin's Amazing Grace sung by the Year 3 and Year 4 choir.
(Share this webpage with everyone who you asked to vote - http://www.tinyurl.com/hope1032 )
Manly Daily article Saturday August 8 page 11
Here are some photos from the morning.
More new photos from Hope 103.2 photographer...
Listen here to the 25 second invite which Hope 103.2 played on the radio for the four days leading up to the Live Broadcast
If you missed some of the story behind the live radio broadcast catch up on the news...
1. Check out the Press Release, announcement of winner and original video entry at Hope 103.2 Radio Competition
2. Read over 130 comments, plus listen to an interview with staff and students on the original Hope 103.2 blogpost when we entered the competition
I am sure to miss some people but here are just a few thank you's...
* Our school founders who so believed in the vision of a Christian School that they dared to start our school
* The students and staff who helped with our competition entry video and photos
* Rich & Jesse Fowler for their hours of editing the entry video
* Chris Pierson for editing the radio interviews and adding photos for uploading to YouTube
* Everyone who voted and encouraged others to vote to make this day happen
* Mrs McQueen the Queen of Cupcakes even when not at work - both for our entry and for today
* The parents who cooked up extra cupcakes to share today